Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 24

My husbands Grandpa recently passed away. We also lost his wondeful wife Helen 5 years earlier. My father in law and his sisters have been working at clearing out all the old memories in the house. Who gets what? What goes where? The year after Helen passed, Wally gave all the grandchildren one of Helen's music boxes. She has hundreds of them. Peyton and I went to "Great Grandpa's" house today and picked out a music box for her. Something about this one stood out to me. I am hoping this will be something Peyton will treasure forever. I am not counting this towards my list (although it could be old or music) becasue I want this on it's own. This is a memory. A treasure.

1 comment:

  1. That's cute! I'm sure she will treasure it when she gets older.

    ReplyDelete